Meat and Dairy Sub Products
- Excellent animal health conditions.
- Technological development.
- 55% growth in the last 10 years.
- In 2009, Chile exported USD800 million in red and white meat, and dairy.
Dairy Sub Products
Investment Opportunities in:
- Dairy cattle in Chile: 486,534 cows.
- Prairie surface available for the dairy production (mostly southern macro zone): more than 3 million of hectares.
- Area dedicated to dairy cattle: 1.5 million hectares.
- Average animal count: 1.6 head / ha.
- Daily average production: 15.8 liters / cow / day.
- Milk production 2009: 2,400 million liters.
- Projection to 2020, 6,000 million liters.
- Farms and processing plants for fowl, pork, bovine, ovine and goat.
- Animal food industry.
- Primary milk production companies.
- Plants for spray drying.
- Companies that fabricate special cheese and other milk sub products, using the competitive and monetary advantages of these products in the most important markets of the world.
- Biotechnology companies that produce functional products for exportation.
- Biotechnology companies that produce organic fertilizers and special fertilizers that improve pastures.
- Related industries represents excellent opportunities for investment, based on the projected growth in dairy production.