120,000 hectares planted with grapevines, where 80% is destined to noble varieties.
In 2009, Chile exported USD 1,424 million and is the 5th largest exporter of wine and the 10th largest producer worldwide.
Investment Opportunities in:
- Wineries oriented to high quality wines.
- Companies that produce pisco (distilled white wine).
Grape Sub Products
- Companies that elaborate edible products from grape sub products.
- Use of biotechnology to harness by-products from the production of wine (flours rich in fiber, polyphenols, etc.).
- Companies that elaborate oil from the grape seed oil.
- Companies that elaborate balsamic vinegar.
- Companies that elaborate vinegar.